The Sad Battery

A space to write all the things I see , smell, taste, hear, touch, think and feel inside me.

Friday, November 10, 2006

MAKTUB


Why Mexico? He asked. Well there’s no way in which I could know. To blame the destiny is the easy way out and it seems extremely idealistic. I been thinking about it all the afternoon and in one of the corners of my confused mind I found myself facing this:

Elegir una puerta es dejar puertas sin abrir.
Un placer presupone que muchos placeres
no serán vividos, así como cada tristeza
dispensa de tantas tristezas.
El amante que llevas a la cama es solo uno
entre todos los posibles.
La palabra escogida impide el uso de un
número indefinido de palabras.
Visitas una ciudad para que
otras ciudades queden esperando por ti…

Manual de tentaciones
Abilio Estévez

So there you have: free will is certainly a better answer. You are here because you chose to be here and no in other place, why you chose it? Well that is a question you and only you can answer. But you know what? I don’t care, I don’t care if it was because you get the scholarship here or because you think is a nice country or because one of your friends convinced you, I don’t care if it was free will or destiny, all I know is that I’m really happy you are here and in my personal opinion it was maktub, estaba escrito

3 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Kenshin Fa said…

    Ya lo escribió Saramago: "las armas y las ocasiones las carga el diablo"

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Kenshin Fa said…

    Ya lo escribió Saramago: "las armas y las ocasiones las carga el diablo"

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Kenshin Fa said…

    no sé por qué se puso dos veces el mismo comentario, pero borra uno (o los tres si quieres)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home